By Megha Goswami
Now that you are soon going to be a bride in a few days, you have to make sure, that all your essentials are ready beforehand. After all, who wants to hear, “Baarat darwaze pai hain, par dulhan abhi tak taiyaar nahi hui!!!”. Normally, while checking the essentials list for the one last time, we make sure that the bigger subjects of essentials, like the jewellery, the bride will be wearing for various functions are kept at place but many times we forget about bobby pins that are needed for the hairstyling. You tell me are bobby pins not essentials? Whether you are having a destination wedding or a home wedding, keeping all your essentials at the place will turn out to be very fruitful and will help to avoid the last-minute haste. Here are some essential categories, you need to check twice before you the beginning of the wedding events.
- The Wedding kit
The wedding kit comprises of all the items you need for the wedding. It is the first kit you would be looking for during your wedding. The essentials here are :
- Outfits – All the outfits starting with the haldi to the reception should be kept separately in a bag. Make sure you don’t crumble them. Put them in a nice stack so that the stones and embroideries on them won’t get ruined.
- Jewellery – Match jewellery with each of the function outfits and keep in them in separate boxes. Keep all the jewellery for a function in one box. As an example, the Mehandi jewellery which will have a necklace, choker, earrings, bangles, waistband, the forehead jewellery, keep all these in one box.
- Shoes – Keep your shoes in separate shoe boxes or pouches. Don’t keep your shoes in one bag otherwise, they may get damaged.
- Only a girl understands the importance of good and comfortable lingerie. Every outfit needs different lingerie. Decide your lingerie previously with different outfits. Remember, you will be wearing every outfit at least for 3-4 hours so make sure your lingerie is comfortable.
- The Makeup Kit
Girls and makeup are inseparable. Especially when it comes to wedding, girls to crazy with makeup. Though you are going to hire a makeup artist there are things you need to keep in the essential list. We understand, after all, it’s your D-Day, and you gonna make efforts to look the best with a flawless face and perfect jawline. So, the must-have things in your makeup kit would be :
For feeding your skin with some nourishment you would need a face wash, toner, serum, face cream and spray sunscreen (incase of day functions)
For the makeup kit, you need to have primer, foundations, concealers, loose powders, eyeshadow palettes, mascara, kajal, brow tint, bronzer, contour palette, highlighter, blusher, lip pencils, lipsticks, makeup setting spray and obviously makeup sponge and makeup brushes. Keep a makeup remover as well because at the end of the functions you have to remove your makeup.
For your hair, sort out all your accessories like the bobby pins, bun, rubber band, comb, clutcher, veil and your hair styling tools. Although, your makeup artist would carry it anyway, what’s the harm in keeping them.
- The Extras
Basically the extras are the most essential items. We often neglect their presence but they are very much needed.
- Safety pins – Don’t you get irritated, when you are dressing up and don’t find your safety pins. To avoid any such situations, during your wedding, keep 5-6 pack of safety pins in your outfit kit.
- Personal toiletries – Corona time has taught us the importance of hygiene. And being a bride, make sure you don’t use other’s toiletries as it could lead to bacterial infection causing acne and rashes.
- Always keep a needle thread box along with your outfits. In case, your outfits get a bit torn sort of, you can sew it immediately and not hover around looking for a tailor.
- If you are having a destination wedding, then carry some comfy night suit with you. Days will be long and tiresome, so the night demands to be relaxing. And what’s more relaxing, then some comfortable PJs.
Be it a destination or home wedding, the essential list for brides is never complete. A bride needs almost everything, during her wedding, but the essential items are to be given a second check. After all, you do want to search for things here and there instead of enjoying your day.