Having the wedding of your dreams starts with two things – finding your partner for life, and the perfect attire for your special day. Choosing a wedding dress is an event of a lifetime, your dress sets the tone of your wedding day and is a reflection of your personality and style but when it comes to wedding planning, there’s nothing quite as panic-inducing as being unable to find the perfect wedding dress. With endless options to choose from, the most overwhelming part of choosing a dress is narrowing down the style that best suits you. With so many dresses to choose from, it might take longer for you to find “The One.”
When shopping for your wedding dress, start early and set a budget. You can look for some of these tips before choosing the dress.
- FIND STYLES YOU LIKE – browse styles you like, look in magazines, Pinterest, internet and save some of the styles you like.
- MAKE APPOINTMENTS – Look for the wedding stylists around you and make timely appointments early so that you can have an ample amount of time to do the changes and fittings. Try the wedding dress and ask your friends and family for recommendations! Also, make sure you catch up with hair-stylist and makeup artist as well with the dress.
- THINK YOUR SHAPE – Know your body shape and pay close attention to how the dress fits your body type and whether it’s accentuating your best features and de-emphasizing your insecurities. Some of you may have lost kgs to fit into your dream dress but then again look if it suits you well or not. Well, nobody would ever want to be in a loose dress on the big day!
- KNOW YOUR BUDGET – Wedding dress is the most expensive clothing item you will ever buy. Make sure you visit each boutique telling them your budget. This way you’ll only try on dresses that you can afford to fall in love with. Don’t forget to factor in the cost of alterations, too.
- ACCESSORY CHECK – If you already have decided on the accessories, make sure you look for the dresses that match with it or vice versa.
- COLOUR MAKES THE DIFFERENCE – Whether its red, golden or cream, every wedding lehenga has its own speciality and uniqueness but then it’s only you who knows which colour suits you the most. Look out for the colour that makes the outfit look better when you are wearing it!
- BE YOU – Remember, your dress needs to portray who you are. If you think that red lehenga and curls would suit you, go for it. Nobody has the right to stop you from being you on your big day. Just be true to yourself!
- THE COUPLE MATCH – Your wedding day and dress should be about you as a couple. Make sure you both have that same colour combination with your attire.
- TRUST YOUR JUDGEMENT – Once you’ve found your dream wedding dress, you’ll know. Don’t rush the decision, take your time and don’t give in to pressure from other people, however well-intentioned. If it feels right to you and makes you feel the very best version of yourself, your job is done.
Don’t be discouraged if you do not find your dream dress in the first store. While some brides say “Yes!” to the very first dress they try on, others feel the need to try on more. You’ll know it when you find it!